Summer workshop PRAGUE DISCOVERIES
Architecture is closely connected to practice of searching, reading, recording and archiving the evolving city and urban environment. Summer school will introduce „storytelling“ as an approach in the field of architecture – the pragmatic and non-narrative field.
During two weeks we will work with the premise of architects as organizers of knowledge, not just as designers. The goal is to achieve the open-mind state, find own personal fields of interests and strategies of working.
Participants will attempt to find an interdisciplinary view and develop ideas and approaches based on site-specific conditions and individual basic research. Project will be focused on critical and alternative thinking and non-conform solutions which have potential to support positive social changes and improve quality of live, public space and city environment.
- To work “in situ” on the basis of interdisciplinary approaches to art and architecture.
- Extensive on-site excursions, to better understand the Prague heritage.
- To work with other international students and instructors to gain valuable local perspective.
E 1,300 / US 1,450
E 900 / US 1,000
Including in this cost:
- Tuition for the Workshop (3 academic credits)
- E 320 / US 300 Non-refundable Application fee
- Housing in Prague (if chosen). Dormitory-style housing will be offered
(Airfare, travel expenses, visa fees, food, medical or travel insurance are NOT INCLUDED)
May 31, 2017