Young Architect Award (YAA) 2019
This year, the participants of the 11th annual Young Architect Award competition will focus on the design of rental housing. Both students and young emerging architects under age of 33 can apply by June 28, 2019. As in the previous year, the collaboration with the Institute of Planning and Development of the City of Prague (IPR Prague) continues. IPR not only found one of the sites which could suitable for rental housing, but also provided the premises for the opening of the competition on 27 February 2019 – the Center for Architecture and Urban Planning (CAMP).
The Young Architect Award (YAA) opening ceremony was linked a large discussion dealing with the topic of rental housing. Although the participants are free to choose a location of their own for their design of rental housing, they can also pick for their project one of our recommended locations in Prague, Brno and Ostrava. Jitka Jeřábková from IPR Prague explained the competition rules and introduced one of the recommended locations – Libeň-Hájek. The new housing development should concern the area of Pivovarnická and Na Hájku streets, currently defined by numerous garages and unmaintained greenery.
The jury will, once again, be composed of renowned architects. Under the leadership of Regina Loukotová, the Rector of ARCHIP, they will decide which works best meet the requirements of the competition.
- Ing. Arch. Regina Loukotová, Ph.D., Rector of ARCHIP, Chair of the Jury
- Ing. arch. Michal Fišer, threearchitects
- Ing. arch. Adam Halíř, PROJEKTIL ARCHITEKTI
- Ing. Miroslav Vodák, CBArchitektura
- Ing. Jan Vondrák, Mjölk Architects
- Ing. Vladimír Dvořák, Director and Managing Director of YIT Stavo s.r.o.
- Prof. Ing. arch. Josef Pechar, DrSc., Foundation "Josef, Marie and Zdeňka Hlávková Foundation"
- Students or graduates of Architecture, Urbanism, Landscape and Garden Architecture as well as self-taught practitioners in the field who have not exceeded the age of 33 (on the day of submission deadline) can submit their works to the competition.
- Entries can only be submitted by the actual authors or teams. The participant is the author or team and thus is also one to receive the potential award.