The deadline for the last round of applications is August 15th, don't miss it and embark on your architectural journey!
Imagine working with leading experts and innovators to complete cutting-edge research and design project. Study with Prague’s thought-leaders and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a state-of-the-art studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environment. And observe centuries of architectural history up close throughout Czech Republic and Europe - all with CIEE.
Designed specifically to meet the academic requirements of advanced architecture and design students, our Global Architecture and Design programs offer students the chance to further their major studies in one of the world’s global centres for design innovation.
With expert instruction from leading designers and innovators in the field, you’ll engage in a design project with the potential to positively impact future generations. Our goal is to broaden your perspective through cultural exploration, advance your academic studies with globally relevant issues, and help you gain a professional edge by learning advanced design techniques and cutting-edge technologies.
Cities today offer a unique setting for resources, people, opportunities, and ideas to converge and spur innovation, technology, and thought. To match this impending social evolution, in the future, architects and designers will need to create an equally worthy technological evolution. Ideally, cities of tomorrow will grow to be self-sufficient in their critical necessities through massive public works and infrastructural support.
On a Global Architecture and Design program, you’ll explore the context of “Future Cities” – including current and future social, economic, and technological trends. Using your host city as a laboratory, you’ll rethink what is beneficial about the city, in both its forms and its life, and develop new ideas to address current architectural and design challenges.
You’ll also develop solutions to address global challenges and reconcile rapidly evolving design theories by closely studying the advantages of computational design, including algorithmic form, dynamic and self-regulating systems, environmental and ecological adaptation, smart materials, and self-assembly.
At ARCHIP you will:
- Take the core curriculum: Future Cities Design Studio, Future Cities Seminar, and Science, Engineering, and Technology Workshop
- Participate in cutting-edge design projects and workshops using the latest technological tools for 3D modelling, environment and performance analysis, computational design, and additive manufacturing.
- Have access to an innovative teaching methodology and hands-on support from leading designers that will allow you to reach functional or expert skill levels in a short time
- Take part in direct experimentation with technology to close the gap that exists between design, individual responsibility, and the current global environmental crisis
- Learn about an array of green technologies, from smart materials and rapid prototyping to personalized public transportation systems to sustainable green spaces and sewage and water treatment and reclamation infrastructure
- Study with faculty who are innovators in the fields of architecture, material science, urban design, landscape architecture, and civil and environmental engineering
- Interact with elite architecture and design firms, institutes, and organizations during studio visits and guest lectures
- Go on excursions to sites of major architectural and technological significance and locations of historical and societal importance to learn about the vibrant history and culture of the host city
Collaboration and Collective Action
Our Global Architecture and Design programs seek to generate a new platform for distributed knowledge and collective action. You’ll connect with your peers, faculty, and researchers in other CIEE Global Architecture and Design cities throughout the course of the program. Through an online platform, you’ll share knowledge, collaborate on projects, and debate common questions. In the middle of the semester, you’ll travel to another Global Architecture and Design city to participate in presentations and reviews. And at the end of the semester along with all CIEE Global Architecture and Design participants, you’ll create a shared publication of your work.