Every semester, ARCHIP welcomes a number of transfer students who decided they would like to finish their undergraduate architectural degree with us in Prague, as well as visiting students from our partner universities.
You are a visiting student if you intend to stay with us for a semester or two and you intend to return to your original university after. You are a transfer student if you want to leave your university and continue your architectural studies at ARCHIP with the intention of obtaining a degree.
If this applies to you, you can find general conditions for transfer and visiting students below.
See the admission deadlines here. Note that if you need a visa, the process should be started as soon as you are admitted.
Apply to ARCHIP as a transfer or visiting student
General conditions for visiting students:
These are general conditions for visiting students before they are admitted. If you are already admitted, scroll down please.
- Are you coming to ARCHIP through the Erasmus+ programme? Please see the Erasmus section of our website instead. The deadlines are different for you and you do not have to pay any fee.
- Visiting Students can register and start in winter or summer term.
- Visiting students are welcome for a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of two (2) terms.
- The admissions procedure, requirements and fees are the same for all applicants. See the admission procedure here and all the information about fees here.
- We expect your English to be at B2 level or higher.
These are the study conditions and information for visiting students that are already admitted for studies at ARCHIP. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our study department or international office.
- The full academic year's itinerary can be found here. Note that the fall semester has a zero (orientation) week. Spring semester does not.
- Please find the BA courses here and MA courses here.
- Visiting undergraduate students can only take BA courses. Visiting graduate students can take both BA and MA courses.
- You can only select courses from odd-numbered terms in fall semester and even-numbered terms in spring semester.
- There is no minimum or maximum of credits you can take per semester. However, visiting students are discouraged to take more than 30-credit worth of courses.
- It is obligatory to join an appropriate Architectural Design course (e.g. if you are a second year student, you will join AD3 in fall semester or AD4 in spring semester). Note that visiting students are not allowed to take the AD6 or AD10 course (please take AD4 or AD8 instead).
- Several other courses are usually not available for visiting students. These include PC and GD. Exceptions are possible but only after contacting our study department or our international office.
- The attendance at all courses is obligatory. This may later force you to change your schedule if you're picking courses from different grades.
- If you need more info (i.e. syllabus) on particular course, don't hesitate to contact our study department or our international office.