- Mar 12: “120 Hours” Competition – Honorable Mention for two ARCHIP students
- Donghyun Nam (KR) and Christopher Hansen (NO) were successful in an intense international competition for students. Their sustainable project for The Øya Music Festival in Oslo, called "Draped", uses the existing structure of the trees, leaving no footprint on the site. Congratulations!
- Feb 28: “Art Kampus” – design project for the summer term
- ARCHIP students will work in and around the Kampa Museum – a centre for modern art, situated in the historical core of Prague, at the embankment of the Vltava river. Over the first two weeks, we explored the existing building, art collections and made site analysis.
BRIDGING PRAGUE 2014
- a three-week intensive study and life experience in Prague, a UNESCO city
- architecture/planning urban interventions onto the iconic Vltava riverbank (3 academic credits)
- guided component of the programme, featuring ARCHIP faculty and other profesionals
- To encourage critical analysis of traditional European urbanism and architecture and the implications and effects of modern interventions.
- To work in a multi-disciplinary context to encourage a holistic approach to architecture, planning, landscape architecture and urbanism.
- To provide “real world” solutions for the address of the Vltava River banks, with an eye to the long-term planning goals for the city to better address use of public space and pedestrian mobility along the river.
Projects from the last year:
2014 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE, COST AND APPLICATION
July 21 (Mon)-August 8 (Fri), 2014
- 1000 Euro/1300 USD without accommodation
- 1300 Euro/1700 USD with accommodation
Discounts for groups of 4 and more are available.
Application deadline: May 15 (Fri), 2014
Main contact: Paul DeLave email@example.com 420–777–653–118
STUDY IN PRAGUE
National Technical Library
CIEE Study Abroad
- Global Architecture + Design
- ONE Lab Prague (by Terreform 1)
- from January 2014
A special one-term programme (in collaboration with CIEE), composed of three courses:
- Future Cities Design Studio
- Future Cities Seminar
- Science, Engineering and Technology Workshops
For programme overview, requiremets, admissions and other details, please check the CIEE website: http://www.ciee.org/…ture-design/
More about ONE Lab and Terreform 1: http://www.onelab.org/