- Apr 15: Global Architecture + Design – construction site visit
- Our CIEE group made an excursion to a construction site – QUADRIO project, by Cigler Marani Architects, situated in the very centre of Prague. We saw many interesting architectural and technical features of this multi-purpose project, and could also enjoy views of the city from the roof.
- Mar 28: “Art Kampus” – concept presentation
- All students presented their ideas for the Kampa Museum – a possible extension and reorganization of this art centre. Students from each year, including those doing their Bachelor project this term, are working on different extents and at different scales. Students got feedback from external critics.
- Apr 28SPECIAL LECTURE (Popular School of Urbanism): Martin Horák (18:00)
Martin Horák – “Post-communist transformation and local democracy: a critical perspective” ----- Martin Horák is a Canadian political scientist of Czech descent. In April he is coming to Prague to promote the release of the Czech translation of his successful and acclaimed book: Governing the Post-communist City: Institutions and Democratic Development in Prague. Praguewatch is delighted to have him as a guest for this edition of LŠU (Popular School of Urbanism). Drawing on a study of urban development politics and policy in the 1990s, Horak will explore the roots of the enduring problems of closed governance and corruption that Prague has faced during the past two decades. The lecture will be held in English / Přednáška proběhne v anglickém jazyce.
BRIDGING PRAGUE 2014
- a three-week intensive study and life experience in Prague, a UNESCO city
- architecture/planning urban interventions onto the iconic Vltava riverbank (3 academic credits)
- guided component of the programme, featuring ARCHIP faculty and other profesionals
- To encourage critical analysis of traditional European urbanism and architecture and the implications and effects of modern interventions.
- To work in a multi-disciplinary context to encourage a holistic approach to architecture, planning, landscape architecture and urbanism.
- To provide “real world” solutions for the address of the Vltava River banks, with an eye to the long-term planning goals for the city to better address use of public space and pedestrian mobility along the river.
Projects from the last year:
2014 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE, COST AND APPLICATION
July 21 (Mon)-August 8 (Fri), 2014
- 1000 Euro/1300 USD without accommodation
- 1300 Euro/1700 USD with accommodation
Discounts for groups of 4 and more are available.
Application deadline: May 15 (Fri), 2014
Main contact: Paul DeLave email@example.com 420–777–653–118
STUDY IN PRAGUE
National Technical Library
CIEE Study Abroad
- Global Architecture + Design
- ONE Lab Prague (by Terreform 1)
- from January 2014
A special one-term programme (in collaboration with CIEE), composed of three courses:
- Future Cities Design Studio
- Future Cities Seminar
- Science, Engineering and Technology Workshops
For programme overview, requiremets, admissions and other details, please check the CIEE website: http://www.ciee.org/…ture-design/
More about ONE Lab and Terreform 1: http://www.onelab.org/