The deadline for the last round of applications is May 31st, don't miss it and embark on your architectural journey!
DOX – our new home
ARCHIP resides in DOX+, a new addition to the DOX Centre for Contemporary Art complex in Holešovice quarter, just a quick stroll with a tram to the historical city centre. This up and coming neighborhood encircled by a meander of the Vltava river in Prague 7 gives off an eclectic hipster vibe.
ARCHIP benefits from the interdisciplinary cooperation with DOX in a number of ways. The students are confronted with a wide array of visual as well as other forms of art. DOX itself is a unique complex:
- DOX art gallery is the largest private space for contemporary art in the Czech Republic
- The complex also hosts a design shop, a bookstore, a bistro and a café, as well as a concert hall, a theatre and lecture halls
- The Centre is an internationally recognized project that involves a delicate reconstruction of an old factory into a multi-functional cultural space
- The gallery’s aim is “to create a space for research, presentation, and debate on important social issues, where visual arts, literature, performing arts, and other disciplines encourage a critical view of the so-called reality of today’s world”
- Last but not least, there is a wooden airship sitting on the DOX's roof which is used as a poetry and literature space (and looks amazing on your Instagram feed)
See more about DOX at their website!
How to get to ARCHIP
ARCHIP's address: Poupětova 3 (DOX+), 17000, Prague 7
Reach us by public transport: take Metro C line to Nádraží Holešovice and take a 5-minute walk
/ take tram no. 6, 8 or 12 to Ortenovo náměstí and take a 2-minute walk
Holešovice – our neighborhood
Holešovice is one of the trendiest up and coming neighborhoods in today's Prague. Once an industrial quarter, this part of Prague 7 is being reconstructed quickly and attracts more and more young people with its slow-paced yet vibrant atmosphere and wide boulevards surrounded by vast areas of public greenery. Being predominantly residential, Holešovice also features a number of diverse art spaces and great restaurants and bistros for your inner foodie.
Need tips for neighborhood adventures outside of DOX? We know places! This is a list of our students' favorites:
- Vnitroblock (fb / website), a hip multi-functional space.
One of our favorites, it is divided into two parts. The café where they serve fresh coffee, homemade soup and cake. Then, there is the store with original brands, fashion, and interior design. They also have live DJs, art exhibitions, DIY workshops, and interesting lectures every week.
- Phill's Corner (fb / website), a trendy bistro / food shop.
One of the greatest places to eat in Holešovice. They carefully select raw materials and have pastries from the Danish bakery, sandwiches, smoothies, fresh juices, and premium coffee. If you’re looking to have a drink after class, they also have Moravian wines produced by their winemaker, Mr Osicka. It is a unique space directly connected with a design shop right next to the world famous light designer Lasvit.
- Sector (fb / website), a chill dance academy.
Another place we love. It is not a café, but has a friendly atmosphere due to the dance and music going on. Sector is located in an industrial hall where you learn various types of street dances, modern dances, and ballet taught by professional dancers!
- Lastly, there is still the on-campus café. It is located on level two and has a summer terrace while serving lovely cakes and quiches.
Want to know more? Go out and explore our friendly neighborhood by yourself – or do some more reading! We have a quick guide to places around the campus on our blog, and there are great reports on Holešovice by our favorite Taste of Prague, a food blog, or GoOut, a popular cultural platform.